planning.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Well this past week has been a little crazy. We have planned so much in the past week it is crazy. My best friend came for a little unexpected visit last weekend. It was so great- well except for the part where she was sick all friday night... that was not fun. I ran to harris teeter at 5am... and I was awake. I switched to "mom mode" caileigh said. I am so happy we still got to do a little bridesmaid dress shopping though, even though we aren't going with any of those dresses. It was still a lot of fun! I can't wait until she comes back and we can go decor shopping! 
So I am currently working on these save-the-dates and hopefully will get those in the mail next week. I also figured out the hardest part about wedding planing- at least so far. The guest list. I got most of it completed now... Just collecting some addresses. I am also discussing details with my florist- she is so great and so helpful! That is a fun part. Rehearsal dinner is on it's way as well as the days before timeline and details. I love wedding planning. It is a lot of fun, I just do not want it to consume me... because then it gets dangerous. So I am trying to ease back and have a go-with-the-flow attitude for everything. The biggest thing Josh and I have on our to-do list is to finalize a ceremony site. I have my heart set on an outdoor ceremony but I am not sure if that will happen. I am just trying to sort that all out... Another fun thing Josh and I did was book our honeymoon! We are going to spend our first week as a married couple in Ocracoke. I am so excited! I have never been but know it will be so cute.
Well enough wedding, like I said I do not want it to consume me. This week Josh and I had a really good conversation about leading. Leading has been stressful and hard for me lately. I have little motivation and no self confidence in it at all. I am timid and as a young life leader, that can kill your ministry. Josh was so encouraging though. He reminded me that I have nothing to fear because I am in Christ and I am His daughter and he died for me. I am beautiful and worthy to do this work because he died for me. Something I really needed to hear... leading was a struggle for me last semester and I am taking this semester of little school to really go hard at it. I also hung out with Libby yesterday and went to the doctor with her. She amazes me. I mean truly she does. I couldn't imagine sitting in that chemo room and all the thoughts running through my head. She has such a great attitude about everything- I know it is always hard for her but she is such a fighter, and I love it. She had some really good things to share with me as well about leading. We set my goal this semester and she is holding me accountable. I thank her for her words of wisdom and her no fear in telling me that I need to do this. It is hard because it hurts your pride- but I want it to. Pride is hard to deal with but it needs to be put down and I want nothing to do with it. I know I am a sinner. I know that I am not capable of anything without Jesus guiding me, especially leading. So I put it all in Him and rest in Him and hope in Him. Everything to Him and he helps me push through the hard moments and days and weeks and months. I get through and it is because of Him. So thank you Josh and thank you Libby for pushing me to Him. I need that more than ever...
Well, I am off to get these save-the-dates printed.
Oh also, I launched a wedding website for information:
http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JoshuaHenderson&AllisonHill

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE