engagement

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Friday September 10th, 2010 will always be dear to my heart… This is when Josh proposed. It was so sweet and thoughtful- he really did shock me. Josh and I have been dating for almost 2 years now. We love the beach- thats where we found our love for one another. We have always planned on going to see the sunrise, but our schedules always conflict. So we decided to go last Friday morning. Josh took me up to 79th street, the North End of VA Beach. We sat on a random sailboat and watched the sunrise. It was the first time I had ever seen it and it was gorgeous. After snagging some pictures, Josh read me a letter he had written. I love letters- they are my absolute favorite. We got up to take a walk and found this bottle in the sand. I thought it was the coolest thing ever- still oblivious to everything he had planned. I opened it up and inside it had a note that said “Allison- Will you marry me?” I looked up in shock and he had gotten on his knee and pulled out a ring. I didn’t say anything for 10 seconds- which is funny now looking back. I said yes and he put the ring on. It was on of the most exciting moments of my life! After that we sat and talked for a bit and just enjoyed the time- we took some pictures. We went to eat breakfast at Pocahontas Pancakes down at the oceanfront, which I highly recommend. It was delicious. I’ll never forget it- He put so much thought into it all. He even googled how to make a piece of paper look “old timey.” Which is apparently a long process! That is the story- and from here it can only go up.

Here are some pictures... I cannot explain our excitement and joy. What a gift-





Share/Bookmark

Theme created by PIXELZINE